Saturday, December 8, 2012

HSES Chorus 2012

I was privileged to have such a talented chorus this year!  They were always so excited to sing each week and were constantly asking to be challenged!  I found myself continually adding to our repertoire because they learned everything so quickly.  Although it was a small group, they had a beautiful sound and we had so much fun together!  Here are a few pictures from our performance at the HSES Empty Bowls Dinner.  You can find out more information about Empty Bowls here.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
(photos courtesty of Debbie Butler)


3 comments:

  1. What songs did your group sing? I'm always looking for new Empty Bowls songs for our concert! Great blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I don't have an accompanist, I choose songs that have a quality track. My favorite resources are "Music K-8" and "Activate Magazine" and I also use songs from our curriculum series, "Making Music." There is also a set of books called "Ready to Sing..." compiled by Jay Althouse. There are different styles - Ready to Sing... Folk Songs, Ready to Sing...Broadway, Read to Sing...Spirituals, etc. and they have a great piano accompaniment CD. Hope this helps! Thanks for reading. :)

      Delete
    2. Also - Music K-8 has a song called "Make a Difference" (Vol. 17, No.1) and it's lyrics make it a perfect candidate for an Empty Bowls concert! :)

      Delete